ASP Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles
ASP is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) professional organization dedicated to the scientific study of primates. The membership of ASP is a diverse community of individuals who support research and facilitate better science about primates, ensure the conservation and welfare of primates, and educate the public and policymakers about primates.
The vision of ASP is to be an interdisciplinary organization that advances the scientific study, conservation, and welfare of primates.
The American Society of Primatologists:
- Values all primates, primatologists, and ethically sound and scientifically valid research with nonhuman primates.
- Promotes, exchanges, values, and supports scientific research and education about non-human primates.
- Believes that animal welfare is a cornerstone of good science and supports policies that ensure the health and safety of primates in research.
- Supports primate and habitat conservation.
- Shares resources through multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary collaboration and cooperation.
- Provides and supports training for practitioners, students, and primatologists in primate habitat countries.
- Values strengthening the connection with its official journal American Journal of Primatology (AJP).